Note: For the protection of the liver, limit Ashwaghanda intake to 3-4 times a week if taken for a long period of time. This herb is safe to take daily for 8 weeks, and than it is advised to take a break for 8 weeks unless needed.
1. Relieves Stress and Anxiety and improve sleep quality
2. Lowers Blood Sugar and Fat - helpful in reducing blood glucose levels and triglycerides (the most common type of fat in the blood).
3. Increases Muscle, improve strength and muscle size, increase in speed, muscle power, alongside a lower body fat percentage and
4. Reduced cholesterol levels.
5. Improved sleep
6. Improves Sexual Function in Women - improvements in arousal, lubrication, orgasm and satisfaction.
7. Boosts Fertility and Testosterone Levels in Men - improve sperm quality significantly by rebalancing reproductive hormone levels.
Increased testosterone levels in male but not female participants. Another study testing ashwagandha’s effect on muscle strength in men also measured a significant increase in testosterone.
8. Sharpens Focus and Memory - may help improve cognition, memory and the ability to perform motor responses after instruction.
9. Supports Heart Health - At least two studies have shown that ashwagandha can increase VO2 max levels, which is the maximum amount of oxygen you take in while physically exerting yourself. These levels are used in measuring cardiorespiratory endurance—how well the heart and lungs deliver oxygen to muscles during physical activity. Thus, higher VO2 max levels can indicate a healthy heart that performs well under those circumstances.
top of page
bottom of page